Dumb moments in legal history.... Here are some actual question asked during cross-examinations in court.
1. "Were you present when your picture was taken?"
2. "The youngest son, the Twenty-year old, how old is he?"
3. "How many times have you committed suicide?"
4. "How far apart were the vehicles at the time of the collision?"
5. "Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in his sleep, he doesn't know about it until he wakes up the next morning?"
6. "You were there until the time you left is that true?"
7. "Were you alone, or by yourself?"
Really dumb newspaper headlines!
1. Survey Finds Dirtier Subways After Cleaning Jobs Were Cut - New York Times
2. Study Finds Sex, Pregnancy Link - Cornell Daily Sun
3. Low Wages Said Key to Poverty - Newsday
4. Malls Try to Attract Shoppers - Baltimore Sun
5. Official: Only Rain Will Cure Drought - Westport Herald News
6. Teenage Girls Often Have Babies Fathered by Men - The Oregonian
7. Man Shoots Neighbor with Machete - Miami Herald
8. Tomatoes Come in Big, Little, Medium Sizes - Daily Progress
Really Dumb product Warning labels .... Warnings found on real products
1. Do not allow children to play in dishwasher.
2. On a carpenter's electric drill: "This product is not intended for use as a dentist drill!"
3. On a baby stroller: "Remove child before folding."
4. On a handheld massager: "Do not use while sleeping or unconscious."
5. On a laser print cartridge: "Do not eat."
7. On a fireplace log: "Caution, risk of fire."
8. On children's cough medicine: "Do not drive car or operate machinery."
9. On package of peanuts: "Warning, contains nuts."
10. On a chain saw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands."
12. On new camera: "This camera only works when there is film inside."
13. On can of self-defense pepper spray: "Warning do not spray at people."
Back to Fun Facts ¦ Back to Home Page