Tribute to the Life and Times of Will Rogers
William Penn Adair Rogers
was born on November 4, 1879 at Rogers Ranch
in Oologah, Indian Territory (what is now Oklahoma). His parents,
Clement Vann Rogers and Mary Schrimsher, were partly of Cherokee
descent. Will wrote 4,000+ syndicated columns and six books,
a prominent radio broadcaster and political commentator. He called
politics "the best show in the world" and described Congress as the
"national joke factory."
Will Rogers died in a 1935 plane
crash with his best friend Wylie
Post. He was probably the greatest political sage this
Here are a few
of our favorites:
slap a man who's chewing tobacco.
kick a cow chip on a hot day.
- There are two theories to arguing with a woman...Neither works.
- Never miss a good chance to shut up.
- Always drink upstream from the herd.
- If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.
- The quickest way to double your money is to fold it and put it back
into your pocket.
- There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few
who learn by observation. The rest of them have
to pee on the electric fence and find out for
- Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that ..comes from
- If you're riding' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and
then > to make sure it's still there.
- Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier'n puttin' it
- After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started
roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The
moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age
and start bragging about it.
Second ~ The
older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.
Third ~ Some
people try to turn back their odometers. Not me; I want people to know
'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads
Fourth ~ When
you're dissatisfied and would like to go back to youth, think of
Fifth ~ You
know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.
Sixth ~ I don't
know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
Seventh ~ One
of the many things no one tells you about aging is that it is such a
nice change from being young.
Eighth ~ One
must wait until evening to see how splendid the day has been. >
Ninth ~ Being
young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable.
Tenth ~ Long
ago, when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks, it was called
witchcraft. Today it's called golf.
And, finally ~
If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to
laugh at when you are old.
Learn How One Man
Went From Zero To $98 Million in
Sales In Just 30 Months! Incredible Story!
Back To Fun Facts Main Page